Volunteer today to make some real change
Want to get involved in a short global campaign with the potential to spark something big? Then volunteer with the Free Money Day team!
September 15th is Free Money Day - a day where people will hand out two coins at a time, asking people to pass one on in order to raise awareness and start conversations about the benefits of economies based on sharing, as well as offer a liberating experience that gets us thinking more critically and creatively about our relationship with money and how we could have new types of economic activity. For more details, visit: freemoneyday.org. For more about the group behind the project, visit: postgrowth.org.
Positions available (Sydney based, as many hours as you can spare between September 12 - 15th!)
Marketing Assistant (x 2 – tasks to be split)
- Assist the team with social media and direct communications marketing
- Source and design creative opportunities for event exposure
- Posting event information and engaging in discussions on relevant forums
- Do some chalking for the event on the streets around Sydney
- Uploading event details to free event promotion websites (basic list supplied)
Public Relations Assistant
- Send out media releases (will already be drafted)
- Follow up/cold-call media to arrange interviews
- Assist the Event Coordinator with media schedule
Event Logistics Assistant
- Provide basic responses/support for people with enquiries about the day
- Pair up filmers/photographers with participants on the day
- Research money/economic related issues and write short briefs for the Global Coordinator as they arise
- Basic research and data entry (using MS Excel)
People interested can contact the Event Coordinator, Donnie Maclurcan, via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't have an account?